Monday, October 19, 2015

African Safari

Hello fammmmmmmmmmmmmmmily! <3 you guys! :) You all sound amazing and the halloween decorations are looking faaaabulous! :) and a special shoutout to dad. Happy Birthday Pops! :)

This week seriously flewwww by! A lot has been going on and keeping me super busy so I think that's why! :) 

So first of all I just want to let you all know how insane our house is. First of all it's haunted. The alarm system just goes off allllll the time and we don't know the password so we just have to sit there and try to read our scriptures as the alarm is turning our brains to mush. So that's good :) And then the doors always just fly open and slam shut which is suuuper freaky. And yeah we are just infested with poltergeists. But that's not all that we are infested with...ANTS. Literally there are ants everywhere. I am so tired of them. I had a whole bottle of honey and they managed to get inside it. Like 200 of them were just inside my honey. No i did not still eat it.

So on Tuesday last week was like the hottest day i've ever experienced in my life. Even the people here said that they had never experienced that heat before. And we got to bike around in it! :) So ya know how sometimes sweat drips off of your face? Yeah this time it was a steady stream. I'm not lying. It was disgusting. So that's when I decided who needs hair anyways?? Yep I shaved my head and It's the best decision i've ever made. So much cooler now! But yeah, right after I did that, the next day was actually cold and rainy and it even started to hail...like sooooo hard! They were HUGE hail peices too! Like the size of quarters!! So cray cray! The people have no idea what the weather is doing. Pretty sure I brought the crazy utah weather with me...woops...

FOOD: Sooooo I haven't eaten too much weird food! Apparently they LOVE KFC here because it is everywhere! hahaha who knew?? But yeah mostly it's just rice and chicken which is awesome! BUT the other day I had something that was pretty interesting....Pretty sure that it was cow intestines.... it was horrible.... I can still remember the taste....yuck. I just would take a bite and then drink juice and swallow it like a pill! Brilliant! :) But at our house literally all I eat is peanut butter. Okay I eat other things too but I have developed the biggest love for peanut butter <3

On Friday we had exchanges! So I went with Elder Nkomo to his area! Annnnd I got to drive the Bakki (truck) and it was soooooo sick! :) I was afraid to drive it because Elder Pinkston has just been having the biiiiiiggest trouble driving it! But when I drove it it was actually suuuper easy! :) I realized that if I could handle driving my car at home then I could handle anything ;) Geez that thing was craaaazy! :) 

But exchanges were pretty fun! :) It was cool to see a new teaching perspective. But the only thing is that Elder Nkomo speaks Zulu so in some lessons he would just be speaking Zulu with the people and I would just kind of be sitting there and then Nkomo would just look at me like it was my turn to talk and I would just be like,"Well I don't speak Zulu but....." and then just say some bogus thing. Hahaha it was pretty funny! :) 

We haven't been able to meet Zwelli at all this week cause he's been sick but we will see how that goes! Sister Sne and Sister Zime are both being interviewed for baptism on friday so I'm really stoked about that! :) Also one of the highlights this week was teaching this 17 year old kid named Quiniso. He's really good friends with some members but he's not a member! We taught him about faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and enduring to the end and then I challenged him to baptism on the22nd of november and he accepted! So now we have 4 people on baptism dates! :) We are also reaaaally close to getting this family I think so I'll keep you updated on that! It would be so amazing to help an entire family! :)

So this week has been amazing but one of the best things we did was today: WE WENT ON A SAFARI!!! We woke up at 4:30this morning and drove like 2 hours to this game park and you can just drive through it yourself! It was seriously the coolest thing i've ever done! We saw a toooon of animals! The best ones we saw were Zebras, Rhinos, Warthogs, Wildabeast, this weird freaky bird that looked like an ostrich but it was like bright blue and kind of looked like Kevin from up, and AN ELEPHANT!! They say that it is super rare to see and Elephant but we saw one on our way out of the park! Literally I could have walked 5 steps and touched it...SO SICK! 

But when we first went into the park we drove for like 20 minutes and then we saw some zebra so we jumped out of the car to take pictures of them! And then we saw some rhinos so we took pictures of them too! Then we got back in the car and a little while later some rangers came and had us all get out of the car and they searched us and the car and everything and they said that we werent allowed to get out of the car because they've had problems with people killing rhinos in the park...which I think is insane because there are people all around,,,,I don't know how you could shoot a rhino and get away with it...hahaha but yeah so then we continued on our way and then later when we were leaving the park rangers pulled us over again and this time there were like 10 of them and they all had HUGE guns and they pulled us out of the cars again and were just questioning us about everything, especially the white guys! Hahaha they were asking us why we were even in Africa and stuff like that and they like deeeep search our car like pulled up carpet and took everything out of it and stuff it was seriously so crazy. I still don't even understand what gave them the right to do that buuuut it's a cool story! Hahaha then they followed us all the way out of the park! Hahaha it was really funny! But yeah the Safari was siiiick and I can't wait to see a lion sometime! :)

I'm loving mission so much right now and I'm so grateful for everyone that has made it possible for me to be out here! :) I love you all and I'm so grateful for all that you guys do for me! :) Sending sooooo many prayers your way and I"m grateful for all your prayers as well! :) 

With an extensive amount of love_Elder_Eastmond_

No comments:

Post a Comment