Thursday, September 24, 2015

Week 1!!! Sept. 9, 2015

Hey family!! I love you guys so much!

MANAONA!!!! That means Good morning in Malagasy!! Because it is probably morning time for you guys!! But I've been learning Malagasy from the Elder from Madagascar here! His name is Elder Rocotomulala and yes I can say that perfectly! ;) But really I can... sooooo yeah.

The first lesson that we taught, we just got wrecked so hard. like seriously, it was horrible. I didn't realize how hard it is!! Buuuuut our second lesson we did SOOOO much better! So that was really cool! The second lesson we just didn't worry about scripting it as much and just really paid attention to what the spirit was telling us. We were all like crying by the end of the lesson. Seriously it felt so real!!

There is an Elder here from the Congo!! His name is Elder Labamba so you knooooooow that we just sing Para Bailar la bamba to him all day long! ;) it still hasn't gotten old! ;)

If I had to pick one single thing that I have learned the most this week, it is how INCREDIBLY important the Spirit is. Like seriously I don't even know how to stress the importance of having the spirit with you when you teach. If we don't have the spirit, we literally can't even talk. It's happened so so much to me. But as soon as I pray and ask soooo hard to have the spirit with me and If I'm being obedient, words seriously just flow out of my mouth. I will get out of a lesson and just be like, "what the heck just happened....I didn't plan annnny of that" And I've always heard of that happening but I never thought it was true. Words literally flow out of your mouth. It's insane. The Holy Ghost is seriously the MOST important thing as a missionary. With the Spirit I know that I can literally do anything on my mission. I mean anything. I really do mean anything. Like think of the craziest thing you could think of. Yeah. We could do it with the spirit.

The food's not to bad here! It's just....different... hahaha I don't know how to explain it... The other day they fed us just a plain hot dog for breakfast. No bun or anything like that. Just a hot dog and eggs.... I don't know if they were like trying to have is be a sausage or something but yeah... that happened. Hahaha they say that us Americans are just raised on sugar and so everything is like waaaay less sweet here. I actually feel really good all the time cause I'm just eating super duper healthy now so some of you will be proud of me for that! ;) You know who you are! ;) Ohhhh the other day the fed us something called a fat cake! It's like a scone with a bunch of meat in it and it was soooooo good! The fish is super duper good here too! but yeah some stuff is just wacky.

Every single day we had an hour of sports time and we get to play like soccer and stuff like that! On Monday this week the actual Johannesburg missionaries were having their Pday and they all came and played soccer with us and these guys were ALLLLL AFRICAN! Like some of the most african people I've ever seen. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen better soccer players. I wish I could explain to you how good they were but it would literally be impossible!! SOOOO CRAZY! One guys was just the craziest most hilarious guy I've ever met in my life. He would just run around acting like a freaking monkey and doing backflips and stuff. All of this whilst playing soccer so that's just insane...One guy was Astrailian and the most manly man I've ever seen in my life. He looked like he was thirty and he was playing keeper for them and he would just jump five feet in the air, grab the ball with one hand and then LITERALLY throw the ball all the way down to the other goal. Like he tried to score by throwing it to the other goal... and this isn't a tiny field either! SO CRAZY!

There are also some craaaazy birds here! This morning one sounded like a car alarm and there are these ones that sound like this, "HAHA" Like a clown laughing....it's soooo freaky.....

 I also bought a sweeeeet book of mormon here! It has zebra skin in the shape of africa on the front! So tight!
We went to the Johannesburg temple. That was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had in my life. It's just so humbling to think that people will travel from allllll over just to come to this Temple. It was just so cool. It was amazing to be in there with all of the missionaries. The spirit was just so incredibly strong! I can't even describe it.... Just so good :) When we finally got out of the MTC complex it was AMAZING! We could actually go and see the country and it was so amazing! Everyone is so friendly and everyone just says Hi to everyone. This is definitely the place for me. I can feel it. I already love these people so so soooo much!

I can't tell you how much I've already grown so much. I wish I could put it into words but i just can't. I think my favorite day was here. All of the Elders gave little talks on the Atonement and I've never felt the spirit more in my entire life. We were all just crying and you could just tell how much we love the Atonement and how much we know it's true and how much it means to us. Just so amazing.

I am getting a little cabin fever though.... I've only been here a week but it feels like it's been 2 months! They definitely keep you busy! I CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT INTO THE FIELD!!

I love you all sooooo much and I can't tell you how much I miss you. But I know that this is where I am supposed to be. I know that this gospel is true with all of my heart and I can't wait to share it with people! Plus, what's 2 years compared to eternity! I can be with you guys forever! So whilst I'm out here I'm gonna help as many people as I can to be with their families for eternity too :)

Love, Elder Eastmond <3

P.s. I'll send pictures too! okay love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment