Monday, September 14, 2015

_The_Journey_Begins_

_1 day until departure to South Africa_
  
   Now, if you think that the journey of a mission begins the day that you arrive in the MTC, it is with the utmost respect that I inform you that you are absolutely, completely, undeniably wrong. You are. Stop trying to argue. You're wrong. The sooner you accept that, the easier life will be for you, trust me.
     The journey begins, for me at least, waaaaaaay back in primary school. With all the little kids sitting around you, one is crying, that kid is picking his nose, Thomas just punched Gary, and Franklin is back there cutting his own hair with a pair of scissors...oh wait, no, that was me...but in my defense my hair looked absolutely gorgeous after that. Anyways, back in primary, I had already made the decision that I was going to serve a mission. There really hasn't been a time in my life that I have ever not wanted to serve. There are just so many reasons why I want to go! The gospel has brought such comfort and happiness into my life that I would have NEVER been able to receive without it! I want to bring that happiness to the people of South Africa. I haven't even been there before but I already feel the deepest love and appreciation for them. It's kind of hard to explain but it's an amazing feeling! So by golly I'm going! I can't wait to see what's in store for me! My bags are packed, my suit is on, and my brain is ready! See you in Africa!

_elder_eAstmond_


No comments:

Post a Comment